Private equity partner for entrepreneurs
As a shareholder, ODEWALD thinks entrepreneurially, and aims for long-term growth. With investment experience, professionalism and sensitivity in the realisation of transactions, and our partners’ extensive operating know-how, we assist in effectively advancing the companies in which we invest. We sustainably enhance corporate success through the provision of capital, and through our targeted support for strategic, financial and operational measures. ODEWALD works together on a partnership and trusting basis with its portfolio companies’ management teams, assuming an active role on supervisory and advisory boards. Proximity to the operating business and short-decision-making paths ensure that cooperation is precise and reliable.
Typical challenges which company owners encounter, and which ODEWALD’s investment funds can help to address include:
- Succession planning
- National and international growth opportunities that cannot be exploited with available resources
- A lack of experience in the transformation of companies, which hinders adjustments to structural market changes
- Additional capital requirements that cannot be covered by internal cash flows
- Limited financing options available from banks
- Targeted medium- to long-term restructuring of the shareholder base
To meet these challenges we offer:
- Growth financing facilities for organic growth
- Implementation of buy and build strategies, or the establishment of strategic partnerships
- Acquisition of corporate carve outs as part of growth-oriented succession arrangements
- Restructuring, or the spin-off of parts of companies
- Sector knowledge and experience which enable growth plans to be implemented efficiently and in line with targets
ODEWALD is based in Berlin, Germany. Our partners’ area-wide presence across the whole of Germany also lends us an optimal degree of regional integration, however. Moreover, ODEWALD enjoys access to an extensive network comprising experienced supervisory and advisory board personalities, as well as leading consultants and entrepreneurs in relevant industry sectors. A group of consultants consisting of high-profile individuals from the worlds of business, science, media and culture, and politics also contribute to our work on behalf of our portfolio companies, injecting relevant sector expertise.